August 24, 2020
In order to minimize virus exposure, ABC requests that guests follow these guidelines during the fall 2020 semester. Parents and former students are also considered guests.
- Guests are not to enter the residence halls. No exceptions.
- Guests are asked to limit being around students as much as possible with the exception of the student they are visiting.
- Guests should wear masks if they are not able to distance (6 feet) from students or staff whether indoors or outdoors.
- Guests may eat in the dining room and pay at the door. For lunch Mon.-Fri. they should come after 12:35 PM to allow most students to leave for class. Lunch line closes at 12:45 PM. For supper guests should enter 20 minutes after start time to give students priority for seating.
- No guests are allowed in classrooms or chapel unless given prior permission. Inquire at deanofwomen [at] abc.edu.
- Students may go off campus with guests (within 1 hour of campus.) If physical distancing in the vehicle cannot be accomplished, masks should be worn.
July 22, 2020
To address the unique challenges of higher education this fall, Appalachian Bible College will offer new Live-Online Hybrid courses. Ten classes from a variety of levels and disciplines can be streamed to anyone with high-speed internet. Financial aid is available.
July 21, 2020
The 2020 Commencement service, tentatively delayed from May to September, has been canceled.
In light of the lingering effects and potential risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, we realize that the wisest decision, regrettably, is to cancel the event. ABC’s administration and staff extend our warmest congratulations to all graduates who have successfully concluded their studies in spite of the duress of the spring semester’s completion.
July 10, 2020
Appalachian Bible College announces protocol for on-campus classes and activities in August. Our desire is to serve one
another (Galatians 5:13) by showing love, deference, and respect to differing views; and to keep everyone safe and
healthy through extra precautions. Students will receive additional details upon arrival. These guidelines are subject
to change as circumstances may require. View the protocol (updated July 28).
June 5, 2020
In response to increased financial burdens on students and their families, Appalachian Bible College is offering the
new Servant's Support Scholarship to cover 65% of Room & Board for the 2020-2021 academic year for ALL eligible full-time residential students!
June 4, 2020
ABC will be adjusting its fall schedule with classes starting Tuesday, August 18 and with the semester concluding
Tuesday, November 24.
This arrangement is being recommended by various officials to allow the semester to end before Thanksgiving
thus reducing the risk of students going to various locations during the break and then returning again to campus.
Students should plan to arrive as follows:
||Mon. August 10
||Sat. August 15
||Sun. August 16
If these changes cause a conflict with prior plans that cannot be rearranged, please contact Student Services.
Any other calendar changes will be announced to those impacted by the change. Currently, there are no changes planned
the Spring Semester.
May 14, 2020
Appalachian Bible College is preparing for on-campus classes to resume this fall. If
changes are mandated by the government or health officials, ABC will adapt as necessary in order to offer all classes
through the appropriate format. The health and well-being of students and staff is of utmost concern; therefore,
protocols for evaluating and managing the health of students are being determined by the administration and Student
Services division. Additional information will be communicated as it becomes available.
May 8, 2020
Alpine Ministries will not be able to hold its 2020 Summer Alpine Bible Camp schedule. Alpine Adventure and Retreat
have limited availability. See the full announcement at alpineministries.com